Doing our part.
Through the years, we have been constantly assessing our business to ensure we're operating in a manner that impacts the environment in a beneficial way. A summary of our Environmental Vision and Management Policy and Efforts:
- NOP strives to make paper purchases from paper companies that harvest trees from decades-old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp.
- We recycle tons and tons of paper every month, even separating paper with ink on it for a special recycling process. Frankly, it is a lot of work and effort, with a buy-back revenue stream that covers only a small fraction of the cost. To us? So worth it.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible and encourage others to do the same.
- We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption and to minimize the use of all raw materials internally. This includes upgrading our network of computers and servers to more efficient, low-power models, implementing mandatory recycling in all departments, and much more!
- A very important way we urge our customers to partner with us in our environmental efforts is by using our digital/Internet ordering, proofing, and reordering system. You might not think it, but the use of our digital ordering system enables all of us to save substantial amounts of paper, ink, gasoline and other raw materials!